A mini, puzzle orientated game hosted on a raspberry pi or similar small device.
It could act as an open wifi access point, maybe running some sort of captive portal?
Make it text based, with a green screen terminal interface - accessing any website would redirect you to the opening page of the game - green screen themed. Hinting at retro nature and hopefully pointing people towards possibilities like Telnet/Gopher etc.
- Murder mystery
- Retro Futuristic
- Early internet protocols (Gopher, etc) but evolved to modern usage
- Time travel - sent form the future but misjudged current technology?
It could have a twitter (or other social network) feed:
- Progress updates (e.g. “gilesp has joined the game”, “johnsmith has discovered a clue”)
- (Alternatively?) the home screen could display a status feed
Part of the game could be a gopher server running on the host
- Clues to gopher presence:
- A reference to the gopher RFC could act as an early clue
- The host/port could be enciphered somehow
- (partial) Code for gopher client on a page on captive portal
- Also discussion of (modern) gopher clients
- Gopher server could contain content for story section and/or clues to next section
- Baudot - telegraph code?
| H | | * | * | * | | | E | | | | * | | | L | * | * | * | * | | | L | * | * | * | * | | | 0 | | | * | * | * | | | Left | Hand | Right | Hand | |